DSAs - forms and guides

Applying for DSAs and claiming back expenses

Both full-time and part-time students can apply for Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs). These give them financial help while they are studying, depending on their disability. DSAs don't need to be paid back. If students get DSAs these won't affect any other benefits they get.

These are available from www.gov.uk/disabled-students-allowances-dsas.

2017/18 DSA forms

Introduction to DSA

2016/17 DSA forms

Introduction to DSA

Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs)

Students with SpLDs should continue to provide a full diagnostic report, carried out after the age of 16, by a practitioner psychologist or a suitably qualified specialist teacher holding a current Assessment Practicing Certificate. The above proformas are not suitable for students with SpLDs.

Request additional hours

DSA Taxi Account Request Proforma

Non-Medical Help Services Reference Manual

The non-medical help services reference manual is now contained within the DSA Guidance documents 2016/17

Claiming back expenses

Students who are entitled to DSA might pay for some disability related expenses while they study and claim the money back afterwards. For example travel costs or books in Braille.

Please send this to:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210

Braille, large print and audio tape versions

Contact the customer care team to be sent alternative versions of our forms and guides:

Email: braille@largefontletterrequests@slc.co.uk

Phone: 0141 243 3686

Pages in this section: